What is EES?
Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) is a new offering that provides both primary/secondary and higher education institutions with assured coverage for desktop platform products with one annual employee count, the flexibility to add products in any quantity, and simplified asset management.
Why Choose EES?
- Easy Compliance: Through the simplicity and predictability of counting FTE employees just once per year you can be confident you are fully covered for the desktop platform products you’ve selected regardless of yearly fluctuations in employees or devices.
- Customized Solutions: Easily add additional products either organisation-wide, department-wide, or for individual licenses at any time during your subscription term so you can deliver the right mix of technology and services to your faculty, staff, and students.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership: Realise the maximum value from your licensing investment with included benefits such as access to current technology, Work at Home Rights for faculty and staff, product evaluation rights, Software Assurance for Microsoft Volume Licensing and Microsoft Live@edu.
- Simplified Asset Management: Self-service tools such as the Volume Licensing Service Center enable you to easily track and manage your software assets and Software Assurance benefits from one convenient, online location.
- Low Administration: Subscription licensing eliminates the need to track licenses for the selected desktop platform products on every PC which enables your IT staff to be more productive as they no longer have to track multiple licenses across the institution.
What does this really mean for my school?
- By working with SLA Performance Ltd, you should see a reduction in your licensing cost, as the number of FTEs is normally much lower than the number of deployed PCs, and our detailed analysis can help identify departments or users that only use certain software. Any budget savings from the transition to EES can be diverted to any high priority ICT projects, or new projects brought forward.
- EES is also fully compatible (in licensing terms) with Microsoft's Online Services, so schools can begin the transition from an internal IT service provider to a true consumer of IT services. This transition frees up staff from managing commodity applications for email, calendaring, document collaboration, and even desktop management so time can be spent focussing on high value school information systems.
Subscription Licensing Programs
Subscription licensing gives you rights to use the products you license - plus covered upgrades and downgrades - over the license period. The Student Option allows students to license selected products on personally owned computers or institution-owned computers checked out to them.
Microsoft has two subscription licensing offerings for education customers, the Enrollment for Education Solutions and the School Enrollment. Both offer a subset of products including specific application, system, and Client Access License (CAL) products, designated by Microsoft as “desktop platform products,” which are licensed on an organisation-wide basis.
To get started with your subscription, you place an order for desktop platform products in a quantity that is equal to your organisation-wide count (counted in either the number of PC/devices or Full-time Equivalent (FTE) personnel depending on the subscription offering your organisation chooses). For products licensed organisation-wide, even if the number of devices or users grows, you remain fully licensed throughout the designated term, and you only need to report an increase in the number of your PC/devices or Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) employees on your annual order. All products licensed through either subscription offering include Microsoft Software Assurance, a comprehensive maintenance offering that helps you maximise your software investment.
- The Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) is available to both primary/secondary and higher education institutions and offers the simplicity of counting people instead of PCs/devices and the flexibility to add additional products in any quantity as needed.
- The School Enrollment is for primary/secondary schools and pre-schools and offers the simplicity of licensing all products organisation-wide where you can order any product for a quantity that matches the annual count of your organisation’s PCs/devices.
- Learn how to add Microsoft Online Services to these enrollments.
Comparison of EES vs School Agreement
With this high-level comparison, it's easy to see the clear differences between the agreements - a switch from counting PCs to counting Full Time Equivalent Employees (FTEs), and the ability to license additional products in any quantity as needed.
||Enrollment for Education Solutions
||Count employees (FTE)
||Institution-wide commitment for desktop platform products
|Software Assurance included
||Software Assurance Included
|12 or 36 month subscription term
||12 or 36 month subscription term
|300 unit minimum order
||5 FTE minimum
|2 pricing levels for platform products
||Tiered pricing levels for platform products
|Primary and secondary schools only
||Primary/secondary and higher education institutions
||Add additional products in any quantity as needed
|Enrollment under the Campus and School Agreement
||2 ways to buy depending on size of the organisation
In perpetual licensing programs, you purchase the software licenses - giving your organization rights to the software after the licensing term ends.
|Open License for Academic
||An easy, cost-effective way for educational institutions with as few as five computers to license Microsoft software. You simply order the number of licenses you need through SLA Performance Ltd. Software Assurance and physical installation media are available for additional fees.
|Select License for Academic*
||A transactional program ideal for organisations with mixed software requirements and the ability to forecast license needs over a three-year period. Recommended for midsize educational institutions.
|Select Plus for Academic*
||Acquire software licenses and services by department or affiliate while realising volume purchasing advantages as one organisation. The agreement never expires and has an optional 36 months of Software Assurance. Recommended for midsize and large educational institutions.
*You can also pass along the savings of volume licensing to your students by including a Student Select or Student Select Plus enrollment with your agreement.
Microsoft Software Assurance is a comprehensive maintenance offering that helps you get the most out of your software investment. It combines the latest software with phone support available 24 hours a day, partner services, training, and IT tools that help customers deploy, manage, and migrate software. SLA Performance Ltd can work within your school to ensure that you fully realise the benefits of Software Assurance. Please call on 0845 557 6310 and ask for more details.